SF848 tyres
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SF848 tyres

SF848 tyres

Has anyone put new tyres on their 848 other than the Pirelli? MCN magazine said they tried it with their bike and it messed with the speedo and traction control. I love the tyres on it. Just not sure if I commute if I want to get a new tyre every 3000kms

I commute and after 4000 clicks I've plenty of mileage left.
      if its a concern... Ease off on the hard starts

Really? 4000? That's great!! I've only got 880kms on the bike and was justmasking out of interest. If I can get that kind of endurance I'm defiantly happy to stick with the tyres

4. Remove Advertisements
      DucatiFighter.com
      Advertisements

I fitted Dunlop Roadsmart II as OEM tyres rubbish up here in Scotland, just don't warm up whereas the RSII is really good in the wet and damp and from my biker friends experiences the wear is up in 5-6k miles for a rear.
      As for the DTC it is very, very sensitive level 6,7 and 8 so I've dialed it back to 4 for dry and 5 for wet and despite heavy throttle use it copes well and only seems to come on when rear wheel hops over a small bump. The speedo reads about 1-2.5mph high depending on speed. Have a look at this site gives all the info Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator

Would there be any issue with warrantee?

Quote Originally Posted by SorroNSW View Post
      Would there be any issue with warrantee?
      Have been assured by local dealer that warranty isn't affected as tyres should be fit for pupose and very much personal choice. A friend also speculated that here in Europe as Pirelli are the only producers of the oem tyre if there was an attempt to wriggle out of warranty obligations there could be a case under consumer laws that our choice is restricted and controlled to one tyre, interesting if true.

Has anyone put new tyres on their 848 other than the Pirelli? MCN magazine said they tried it with their bike and it messed with the speedo and traction control. I love the tyres on it. Just not sure if I commute if I want to get a new tyre every 3000kms
      This is my original rear tyre on the 848, it's done 4,500 ks, including 2 track days and a trip across the Nullabor. It still has plenty of meat on it but I changed it in Melbourne because it had to get me back to Perth.
      The 60 profile is almost impossible to get so I used the Rosso 2, 55, good tyre on the road but its not for the track, doesn't like serious lean angles DTC was working over time.
      Why do Ducati fit obscure sizes on their bikes, annoying. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  93.0 KB

I've got just over 5 500 km on my SF848. That includes two Hwy trips. One from Nova Scotia to PEI (returned) and One from Nova Scotia to New Hampshire through Maine. The rear tire is getting down but i think i'll get another 1000 km's with it.
      Doctor 650 likes this.

I read somewhere in the manual (I think) that you have to use Rosso Corsa or the DTC messes up, but I prefer to ride with DTC off. 4500 kms and my tires are still very good - but no track days (yet) and no hard starts (well, maybe just a couple... ). Doc's tyres (Rosso 2) are good for everyday riding. There's a review on Revzilla about the Pirellis explaining the usage types.

Quote Originally Posted by monk848 View Post
      I read somewhere in the manual (I think) that you have to use Rosso Corsa or the DTC messes up, but I prefer to ride with DTC off. 4500 kms and my tires are still very good - but no track days (yet) and no hard starts (well, maybe just a couple... ). Doc's tyres (Rosso 2) are good for everyday riding. There's a review on Revzilla about the Pirellis explaining the usage types.
      Yeh, I'm going to take the Rosso 2 off and maybe save it for the next road trip. I reckon you might be right about the DTC not working properly with the 55. Not easy getting the Corsa in the 60 profile though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

rear tyre for ducati streetfighter 848

sf848 commuting

sreetfighter 848 tires

streetfighter 848 tyres

tyres 848

tyres that fit streetfighter 848

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.