New owner of 848... Just getting used to the bike..
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

New owner of 848... Just getting used to the bike..

Hi,
      I am a new owner having purchased a low miles 2012 848SF. Very pleased with the performance, better than I expected..
      Been reading some posts and they have answered most of my questions.. The bike came fitted with a Ducati comfort seat and I have to say it is gripy but you still seem end up against the tank if your in jeans... the leathers help a lot though to keep you in position.. a bit too much so when you get in the twisties but all OK.

I do have a question about how the bike runs under 4K revs. I have the Termis and just had the TPS set... on the gas the bike is an absolute blast, but have to say under 4K around town its a bit of a pain. Likes to chug and hunts at steady throttle... Yesterday I fitted a 14T front sprocket which has helped but the pissy attitude under 4K is still evident.
      I have a 998 so am aware of low revs discomfort, but even my 998 clears up around 3K a full 1K less than this 848 which surprises me. I hear people remove the exh valve but wouldn't that make things worse down low..?

Thanks in advance for any input... if I can work out how to post pictures I will put a few up. Cheers

Hey dude, new owner of a 2013 848 SF as well. Having the same exact issue with being under 4k RMPs. I'm running termis as well. I've only been riding it for a week and put 100 so odd miles on it so far but noticed it instantly. I've read else where it might be a mapping issue with the pipes were running. Feels really lean under 4k in 1st gear. In other gears I remedy the issue by dropping a gear... But being that its more of an issue with 1st makes stop and go traffic a real pain in the dick. I've been riding for about 9 years so I would like to say that its the bike and not my riding style. This is my first Duc having come from an 09 Ninja 250 then an 09 Yamaha FZ6R. Have you been able to fix it since this post in Sep of '16? Thanks.

My 848 SF does that with the stock exhaust. I'm another new owner getting used to the Ducati character.
      Last edited by RobertLever; 06-28-2018 at 10:20 PM. Reason: addition of displacement

4. Remove Advertisements
      DucatiFighter.com
      Advertisements

My 848 SF does that with the stock exhaust. I'm another new owner getting used to the Ducati character.