Best mods for tall guys?
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

Question Best mods for tall guys?

Hey all,

I am the proud new owner of a new Yellow SF 848....and my first Ducati!!! (Of course I am hooked for life)

I am 6'7" and was wondering if there are any other Tall SF riders out there............ and if so, what mods do you all feel are best to make it an even better ride on our ladies??!! Pics and vids please of course!!

Thanks in advance....I will add to this as I begin to try out mods and hear things from other riders....

Hmmm, not sure on the mods. Maybe a Rizoma bar with a higher riser? It might help you have better reach.

I can give you some advice. I'm 6'3 and I can tell you that when you don't lean over the front tire when getting serious, it can get squirly*(SP). At your height, you can reach the bars and still be more upright which makes it hard for you to settle the front end when getting on it in turns etc. Make an effort to crouch into the tank more than on a supersport and shift your weight over the front. Fixed a lot of the "loose" feeling for me.
      2010 Streetfighter S; Termi's, Rizoma Bar-Lux Grip-Bar Clasp, CRG Mirrors, Performance Seat, Motivation Bar Ends

Quote Originally Posted by jb2008 View Post
      Hmmm, not sure on the mods. Maybe a Rizoma bar with a higher riser? It might help you have better reach.

I can give you some advice. I'm 6'3 and I can tell you that when you don't lean over the front tire when getting serious, it can get squirly*(SP). At your height, you can reach the bars and still be more upright which makes it hard for you to settle the front end when getting on it in turns etc. Make an effort to crouch into the tank more than on a supersport and shift your weight over the front. Fixed a lot of the "loose" feeling for me.
      Thanks JB....that is about spot on to what I have experienced so far. At first I really tried to ride her completely upright and aggressive turns were pretty sketch, the moment I hugged her tank and put my face in the dash I felt like she was an extension of me....I have to admit that while its a little more strenuous and feels like I am "working" it sure is a heck of a lot of fun!

I am looking into the Rizoma bar as we speak...thx

4. Remove Advertisements
      DucatiFighter.com
      Advertisements

Hey guys, I'm looking at the SF 848. I'm 6'1", 34" inseam. I've always have a hard time finding comfortable bikes (so far my Speed Triple and MT-01s have been the most comfy for me). Now I sat on it and it feels ok, but it's hard to know how comfy I will be after 400km...should I look at the Monster instead?

Thanks!

I thought the Monster 1100 felt smaller than the Streetfighter on my test ride. I have a S4R Monster track bike and that feels cramped compared to the Street Fighter on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor 650 View Post
      I thought the Monster 1100 felt smaller than the Streetfighter on my test ride. I have a S4R Monster track bike and that feels cramped compared to the Street Fighter on the track.
      I tried the SF848 today, what a nice bike. But where it dissapointed was in the torque department under 6000rpm. It just makes the bike practically impossible to fully enjoy unless your way over speed limits...I think the Monster 1100's lower revving engine would have suited me better, but the knees just feel too tight on the tank. Manufacturers should start focusing more on producing bikes that are fun on the street, not just on the track where keeping it near the red line is just business as usual. On the street on the 3rd gear if you red line it, you're exposing yourself to lose your license, and if you keep it under 6000rpm, you using about 20% of the engine.

My MT-01 has a redline of 5500rpm and 80% of the torque is available at 2000rpm...its only downside is it's weight...but I guess even as heavy as it is, it's still a keeper and can't see myself spending 17000$ on a bike I don't like more then my MT. If I lived next to a race track or crazy twisties, then the SF848 would be a winner on my list.

I hear you Speedo, the 848 liquid cooled v the 1100 air cooled are opposites. After riding the 1100 Hyper that had grunt but ran out of puff, to the 848 that likes to be thrashed.
      Do love the SF.

The touring/comfort seat from Ducati helps a bit, since it adds some height to the seat. And its way more comfortable than the stock one I think.

Search tags for this page

ducati 848 comfort mods
    ducati 848 streetfighter for tall guys

ducati streetfighter bar risers

street fighter 848 tall
    streetfighter tall people?

tall rider ducati streetfighter

which is easier to ride streetfighter or monster? for tall guys
    Click on a term to search our site for related topics.