Tubular frames
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

Thread: Tubular frames

Tubular frames

Hey guys, new here, ie had my 2013 ducati 848 for 3 months now and had a small accident where my frame got bent, i have just baught a second hand frame but then discovered that it belonged to a 2011 ducati sf 1098 and now i worried that there may be diferences and it wont fit/work... can anybody clear this up for me please?

The part numbers are different, so they are not the same. The superbike guys have put a 1098 in an 848 frame so sounds like the ending mounts may line up, but other things are different, so swapping motors is different than swapping frames. On the superbikes the steering stem is different, so the triple clamps/stem need to match the frame, so you may need a stem or triples from a 1098 to work, swingarm mount may or may not work - subframe area looks a little different on the frame, but may just be the crappy parts picture. I would not say it can't work, but would say it won't be just bolt on and will take more parts likely.

2013 848 frame numbers

RED 47012163AA
      BLACK 47012163AB

2011 1098 frame numbers

RED 47011991BA
      BLACK 47011991BK

Ok thanks for the help, i feared as much, i guess this wont work even as a temporary fix would it?

4. Remove Advertisements
      DucatiFighter.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
      Ok thanks for the help, i feared as much, i guess this wont work even as a temporary fix would it?
      Doubtful and it would be a tonne of work to find out for sure as you would have to start bolting stuff to the frame, but you won't get the forks bolted to it even without the right triple clamps to match the frame.