So I picked up a 2013 SF848 last week and am already thinking about customizing it for my short height and wrist injury.
As apposed to spending money for performance parts I am thinking the opposite and to spend money to ease the bike for everyday ride, in & out of traffic as well as occasional weekend ride.
I would be most happy if i can get away with ducati genuine parts and to maintain the general look of the bike as factory standard as possible. The bike is bone stock at the moment.
1. Soften the clutch pull. Currently I am looking at Oberon slave cylinder 29mm. I would like to see what my options are to further soften the clutch pull. would changing pressure plate & springs help ease the pull? Slave cylinder replaced.
2. lower height.I would like to see what my options are using the genuine lowering link? I hear Streetfighter S's link allows you to adjust height? and i would need shorter kick stand too. I heard 748's kickstand is same style with same mounting placement but 1/4" shorter. Further to this. what are people's thought about $35 ebay link? has anyone used them here? lowering link and shorter stand ordered
3. Raise handlebar. I have a wrist injury and the angle of the factory handlebar isn't helping. I would like to change it, while im on it I would like to raise the bar about 3-5cm ish. Do I have genuine part option? otherwise I know rizoma makes some beautiful handlebars I like. Rizoma 005 installed
4. Radiator guard I need to bottom one only Evotech guard installed
5. Frame sliders Evotech sliders and bobbin installed
6. Judder at lower end rpm. I want to do something to make the bike smoother at lower rpms..
7. it feels like I don't need 6th gear When I cruise at motorway I find myself I never use 6th gear. When I do it feels like its idling. How can I get around this? change front sprocket?
8. Rear Seat cowl Already paid. Pickup saturday.
Thanks guys. I'm going to have so much fun doing this!