Help me find rights mods to bits and pieces of my factory SF848
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me find rights mods to bits and pieces of my factory SF848

Hi all

So I picked up a 2013 SF848 last week and am already thinking about customizing it for my short height and wrist injury.

As apposed to spending money for performance parts I am thinking the opposite and to spend money to ease the bike for everyday ride, in & out of traffic as well as occasional weekend ride.

I would be most happy if i can get away with ducati genuine parts and to maintain the general look of the bike as factory standard as possible. The bike is bone stock at the moment.

1. Soften the clutch pull. Currently I am looking at Oberon slave cylinder 29mm. I would like to see what my options are to further soften the clutch pull. would changing pressure plate & springs help ease the pull? Slave cylinder replaced.

2. lower height.I would like to see what my options are using the genuine lowering link? I hear Streetfighter S's link allows you to adjust height? and i would need shorter kick stand too. I heard 748's kickstand is same style with same mounting placement but 1/4" shorter. Further to this. what are people's thought about $35 ebay link? has anyone used them here? lowering link and shorter stand ordered

3. Raise handlebar. I have a wrist injury and the angle of the factory handlebar isn't helping. I would like to change it, while im on it I would like to raise the bar about 3-5cm ish. Do I have genuine part option? otherwise I know rizoma makes some beautiful handlebars I like. Rizoma 005 installed

4. Radiator guard I need to bottom one only
      Evotech guard installed

5. Frame sliders Evotech sliders and bobbin installed

6. Judder at lower end rpm. I want to do something to make the bike smoother at lower rpms..

7. it feels like I don't need 6th gear When I cruise at motorway I find myself I never use 6th gear. When I do it feels like its idling. How can I get around this? change front sprocket?

8. Rear Seat cowl Already paid. Pickup saturday.

Thanks guys. I'm going to have so much fun doing this!
      Last edited by mrjessehlee; 08-03-2015 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Mods update

Congrats on the pickup. I got a 2012 about 2 months ago. I'm 5'7 and all I did was buy Rizoma bars. It raises it almost 2 inches higher and 1 inch back; made a world of a difference. The stock bars are nice but too aggressive and uncomfortable for long rides. With the new bars, I can ride all day. You'll just have to adjust when leaning low through the twisties. The only other thing you can do to lower the bike is getting lower series tires. Try not to mess with the suspension or seat. Good luck.

You can lower the ride height using the adjustable height link, but before you do get the suspension set up for your weight. That may see it adjusted to where you want it, or at least closer to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
      DucatiFighter.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SF Gaints View Post
      Congrats on the pickup. I got a 2012 about 2 months ago. I'm 5'7 and all I did was buy Rizoma bars. It raises it almost 2 inches higher and 1 inch back; made a world of a difference. The stock bars are nice but too aggressive and uncomfortable for long rides. With the new bars, I can ride all day. You'll just have to adjust when leaning low through the twisties. The only other thing you can do to lower the bike is getting lower series tires. Try not to mess with the suspension or seat. Good luck.
      Thank you I've already installed rizoma ma005 bars on it and it helps a lot. Oberon cylinder arrived this morning too. My tyres are due to change in about another 1000km so I will look into lower profiled ones. Thanks never thought of this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SA9819 View Post
      You can lower the ride height using the adjustable height link, but before you do get the suspension set up for your weight. That may see it adjusted to where you want it, or at least closer to it.
      Do you have lowering link installed on yours? if so how much lower?

Should have got the MA008 version. It offers the most rise and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by SF Gaints View Post
      Should have got the MA008 version. It offers the most rise and comfort.
      Didn't like the looks it offered. It reminded me of my childhood bicycle handle bars with all that bend.
      I achieved same height as 008 by using 005 with 20mm spacer.

Installed the Oberon slave cylinder. love it.

I recently picked up a 2011 streetfighter s. I am also looking for the right bits to add. frame sliders first. any suggestions on good ones with looks and function?

Quote Originally Posted by moto2679 View Post
      I recently picked up a 2011 streetfighter s. I am also looking for the right bits to add. frame sliders first. any suggestions on good ones with looks and function?
      Well I love the Evo tech frame bobbin but never realised it went right through the frame and engine mount so I had to get my dealer to fit it as I had nothing to support the Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
      Well I love the Evo tech frame bobbin but never realised it went right through the frame and engine mount so I had to get my dealer to fit it as I had nothing to support the Engine
      I have installed the evotech sliders yesterday. Love the looks. I nearly almost purchased a jack from local auto store for $30 but then i realised I had a scissor jack in my car. did me the trick.
      but then again I have bike stand and torque wrench already..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast