Ride Of the Century ROC 2012 FTP Missouri State Highway Patrol roadblock
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

Ride Of the Century ROC 2012 FTP Missouri State Highway Patrol roadblock

Have you guys seen this?

The following video features raw and uncut footage of dangerous acts being performed by the Missouri State Highway Patrol on civilian motorcyclists. Road blocks, brute force, ramming, and pit maneuver tactics were used by the police in order to try and stop civilians while on their motorcycles. (while not all of these tactics can be seen here, they were in fact used)

This clip is a group of riders going down 370 in St. Louis for the beginning of the "2012 Ride of the Century" when police suddenly produced a roadblock and in turn induced panic among many of the motorcyclists causing the chaos and commotion that you see within the video. The riders were all clearly wearing their helmets, nobody was speeding, there were no stunters performing any tricks, and no laws or traffic violations were being broken to provoke the mayhem that law enforcement felt necessary.

St. Louis also has a "No roadside checkpoint or road black pattern based on a particular vehicle type" law that was enacted on 4/30/2012; it states - SB 897 - This act prohibits law enforcement agencies from establishing roadside checkpoint or road block patterns based upon a particular vehicle type, including the establishment of motorcycle-only checkpoints. Law enforcement agencies may establish roadside checkpoint patterns that only stop and check commercial motor vehicles. The provisions of the act shall not be construed to restrict any other type of checkpoint or road block which is lawful and is established and operated in accordance with the provisions of the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Missouri.

This video was shot by multiple people from many angles and they have begun to show up online, I will try and link to them within the description as I find them:

The following video features footage shot from a different perspective during the ROC 2012 ride of the infamous "Missouri State Highway Patrol roadblock". Certain parts will be played at an increased speed of 1000% to save for time.

While I would love to say "bad cop" I just can't. The bikes are clearly blocking all lanes slowing traffic, doing wheelies, cutting lanes, going through road blocks, etc. When they tried to pull em over the bikers just ignored the police. Whats the guy hosting the video complaining about? All they had to do was stop. Every one of theese idiots should get fined. This is what gives us all a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Onewheelup View Post
      While I would love to say "bad cop" I just can't. The bikes are clearly blocking all lanes slowing traffic, doing wheelies, cutting lanes, going through road blocks, etc. When they tried to pull em over the bikers just ignored the police. Whats the guy hosting the video complaining about? All they had to do was stop. Every one of theese idiots should get fined. This is what gives us all a bad name.
      Gotta agree...why immediately cut through the grass? Seems rather pointless if you weren't doing anything wrong

4. Remove Advertisements
      DucatiFighter.com
      Advertisements

Yeah I agree, if you weren't doing anything wrong then there would be no reason to pull over instead of evading.

I don't know about you guys, but rides like that are not my idea of fun. They're obnoxious and way too dangerous. There's always a handful (or two) of idiots that think the public roads and highways are their personal playground. They do things that put the whole group at risk as well as other motorists. I avoid large rides at all costs. Any more than a dozen in one group starts to get a little hectic when trying to keep everyone together.

It's funny, the "author" goes on about how no one was doing anything illegal... I counted quite a few (dozen) moving violations and misdemeanors.

*steps off soapbox*

Yeah you only run if you have something to hide.

My idea of a nice group is 6 bikes or less. Much more than that and it seems like all we do is wait for people, or gas stops, or bathroom breaks, etc.
      I honestly like riding by myself. Set my own pace and don't worry about others keeping up or crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by REVNU View Post
      I don't know about you guys, but rides like that are not my idea of fun. They're obnoxious and way too dangerous. There's always a handful (or two) of idiots that think the public roads and highways are their personal playground. They do things that put the whole group at risk as well as other motorists. I avoid large rides at all costs. Any more than a dozen in one group starts to get a little hectic when trying to keep everyone together.

It's funny, the "author" goes on about how no one was doing anything illegal... I counted quite a few (dozen) moving violations and misdemeanors.

*steps off soapbox*
      While I'm with Revnu on this, I really do not like peace officers. I spent time training them, and they have a certain attitude I don't like. That being said, about 1/2 those dumb asses should have been pulled over.
      2010 Streetfighter S; Termi's, Rizoma Bar-Lux Grip-Bar Clasp, CRG Mirrors, Performance Seat, Motivation Bar Ends