Quick-Change Passenger Rearsets?
  • Register
  • Commander Forums

Quick-Change Passenger Rearsets?

Hey everyone, I was looking at tearing off my OEM passenger peg mounts and installing the Evotech hanger which looks like a fairly nice piece.. Turns out removing the factory passenger peg mounts is a pain in the A$$.. I wanted to have the rear cowl and clean looking hanger for the cruises by myself and have the factory passenger rearsets to throw on when the wife wants to go for a ride.. Anyone have any tips or tricks for doing this quick without having to practically remove the tank everytime the wife wants to ride? Really discouraged with the setup of that.. Seems like i may have wasted $100 on a hanger..

My old Buell XB was a snap to unbolt and throw on the shelf.. Sucks this is the only downside ive found to this bike so far..

As you most probably have already found out, removing the passenger pegs/bracket on the left side is the most tricky. It's not too bad if you have the right tools (i.e. a ball head hex tool) and should only take about 10-15 minutes. Once you've removed the bolts, it's a lot easier to put them back on and you don't have to remove the tail section if you don't want to. I always do as it makes access to the bolts easier. I also use a cordless driver to remove the all the bolts.

There's no "easy" way to do it, and I'm not sure that you want to be taking off/putting on the brackets all the time. If your missus is happy to sit on the back (which mine is NOT), then I would probably just leave the passenger pegs on. Besides, the pegs also protect the tail should you accidentally have a spill on the road.

I have an order into the local snap-on guy waiting for long and short ball end allens.. The Ohlins remote reservoir was probably the most difficult thing to get around..

I appreciate the mention of the tail protection, I will definitely keep that in mind.. Not that I plan to have a spill but I would like to do track days in the future..