New to ducati! am i being paranoid?

Commander Forums

New to ducati! am i being paranoid?

Hi!

Traded in my invincible street triple for a black sf848 with the full factory fitted termignoni system/race ecu/ filter and I love it, but........

Don't know if i'm just being paranoid and should just enjoy them, but the pops and bangs on the overrun are insane!! people look round like there's a terrorist machine gun attack kicking off, I know the full system has no cat/baffles and massive guage pipes but should I really sound like a crashing spitfire?
    if you get a bit excitable with the overrun she can heat up a bit too. called me a T WAT 32 a couple times

Like I said, i'm coming at this thing from a super smooth behaving, never made a weird noise street triple so I don't know if im just worrying over nothing and "that's just what ducatis do".

couple other things that are bugging me but im still scouring the forums for info.

CHEERS!!

Yes you are being a bit on the weird side. The ride position is very similar however the V-Twin has much back pressure and FYI Ducati's don't like to run at low rpm thus the heating up. I recently picked up a 2015 SF848 and live in Dallas, TX and I have zero issues with rapid temp. Name:  FB33AE3C-4985-40CC-A89B-A61142973EA2.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  397.8 KBName:  IMG_0846.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  1.89 MB

I have the same bike... pops and bangs like the world is about to end - and i LOVE IT! Just enjoy it amigo :-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    DucatiFighter.com
    Advertisements

The 'trailing throttle burbling" is one of the things I LOVE about my SuperHawk (similar engine design as the Duc). It's not doing any harm, other than to (perhaps) your reputation with your neighbors.